We comply with Section 42B of the Education Act 1997 that sets out schools must ensure that there is an opportunity for a range of education and training providers to access registered pupils during the relevant phase of their education for the purpose of informing them about approved technical education qualifications or apprenticeships. In years 8 parents will receive information regarding the Sheffield UTC arrangements.
Careers activities which take place at Stocksbridge High school:
- Year 8 Options support prior to Key Stage 4 choices
- Year 9 University visit and STEM activities
- Year 10 Mentoring programme development, careers advisor individual appointments and career preparation day (mock interview and sessions regarding the range of career paths at post 16).
- Year 11 Post 16 evening and careers advisor appointments, form tutor support with post 16 applications
Higher Education progression partnership
- Year 7 What is University?
- Year 8 University options and choices
- Year 9 University visit
- Year 10 University finances and funding
- Year 11 University options and choices
- A stable careers programme
Consistent range of activities offered across year groups (Y7 TYCTWD, Y8 options support evening, Y9 ambassadors/ BLBW assemblies, Y10 aspirations, Y11 post 16 evening/ application support.
- Learning from career and labour market information
Relevant content in lessons, STEM/ Careers day in Y8/9
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
Careers advisor available, a range of subject specific noticeboards
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
Displays in learning environments for each subject area
- Encounters with employers and employees
BLBW assemblies, TYCTWD, ambassadors and always child mentoring programmes
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
Post 16 evening, Options support evenings, career preparation day, careers library
- Personal guidance
For any enquirers please contact Mrs Jackson: email@example.com / 0114 2883153
Next Review: September 2020