Uniform & Equipment
- Admissions / New Starters
- Adverse Weather
- Behaviour & Expectations
- Pupil premium & Recovery
- Catering & Meals
- School Calendar
- School Day
- School Terms & Holidays
- SEND Information
- Uniform & Equipment
- Parents - HomeLink
- Sexual Harassment
- Transition from primary to secondary school
- Y6-Y7 Transition 2022
- Summer School 2022
Uniform and Equipment requirements
It is an expectation that all students must be in full school uniform, enabling them to be prepared for learning every day. Our belief is that the school uniform enables all students to enter lessons in a focused and organised way. By ensuring these rules are followed, school is putting all students in the right frame of mind for learning.
Uniform is available to order from Pinders Schoolwear:
- Students should wear formal black shoes.
- No nose or other facial piercings are permissible.
- No fake nails of any length are acceptable.
- Trainer style shoes are not permissible.
- No hoodies other than SHS PE hoodies are permitted in the building. A hoodie cannot be worn as a replacement for a jacket.
Full school uniform is classed as the following:
- Plain black, full-length polyester/cotton trousers.
Other styles of trouser are not permissible. These include:
- Students may wish to wear a black knee length polyester or cotton skirt
- Plain white shirt, buttoned fully to the neck. Long sleeved shirts must have sleeves rolled down and shirts must be tucked in at all times
- Relevant school house colour tie. For incoming Y7s, we will be distributing a card which confirms your child’s house and tie colour.
- Branded grey school jumper or cardigan with sleeves rolled down. This must be worn at all times on corridors, at break/lunch and during assembly. During lessons they may be removed and placed on at the end of the lesson). During warmer weather school will communicate to parents when students can stop wearing jumpers/cardigans. No personal jumpers are permitted.
- Belts must be plain black with a discreet buckle. No patterns on the belt or branded buckles are permissible.
- Students should wear formal black shoes or boots. No patterns, logos or decorative features are permissible. No trainers or pumps are permitted. Boots should be no more than ankle length and be covered by school trousers. Please refer to the footwear guide.
- Trainers worn for medical reasons should be plain black with no logos makes or patterns visible.
Wearing trainers for medical reasons will only be authorised by the pastoral team and must be accompanied by medical evidence.
PE Kit - Students are expected to wear the following items of PE kit (All students must bring full kit even if they are unable to take part in a lesson):
- PE t-shirt – Black/Maroon (Initials added on the chest for £1 is optional)
- PE Hoody* – Maroon/Black (Initials added on the chest for £1 is optional)
- Black shorts/tracksuit bottoms to be worn (no leggings)
*Hoody not compulsory for each lesson – but will be the only outdoor wear accepted in PE lessons
Jewellery must be discreet and pupils will be asked to remove it for PE and aspects of Design and Technology for safety reasons. The following items are considered appropriate jewellery to be worn for school:
- One stud earing in each earlobe.
- Single neck chain (not worn outside of the shirt).
- One, small, plain ring.
- A watch
Students are not permitted the following items of jewellery:
- Any Facial piercings including; eyebrow, lip, nose, tongue etc.
- Industrial ear-piercing (bar crossing two parts of the ear)
- Any hooped earing
- No body piercings
- Students will be expected to remove such piercings during the school day. If students have piercings done during the academic year which do not comply, they will still be expected to remove these even if this means a risk of the piercing ‘healing up’.
Hair - Haircuts must be in a natural colour and an appropriate style for school—no unnatural colours or shaved lines or patterns in hair.
Make-up - Make-up must be natural, and discreet. The following make up would be considered appropriate for school:
- Light Foundation
- Lightly applied mascara
- Lip balm
Students are not permitted to wear the following make-up:
- Eye shadow
- Heavy blusher
- Fake eyelashes
- Fake nails - If natural nails are unsuitably long for activities in school, students will be asked to reduce their nails to a suitable length. Students are expected to comply with this request. School will apply the same sanctions as false nails if the length of nails are not shortened in an appropriate amount of time.
Please contact us if you would like any advice on uniform or have questions regarding our uniform.
It is expected that students have the following equipment with them:
- Reading book
Pencil case including the following:
- Pens (variety of colours)
Maths equipment including:
- Scientific calculator